This was said to me recently by someone whom I highly respect and adore. Words which I put away so proudly, with the utmost fulfilment in my heart.
Think about if for just a moment…
Thank you. For being. YOU.
To me, that says, you are successfully mastering, the almost always difficult task, in a world full of unrealistic expectations and utter BS, of living your truth and letting your authentic, inner light, shine.
It doesn’t get much better than that. To say I feel inside tingles, is an understatement. How far one can come in a short amount of time can be inspirational. And it’s pretty cool when you inspire yourself.
As Oprah says, ‘To be authentic is the highest form of praise. You’re fulfilling your mission and purpose or Earth when you honour the real you.’
Remember, you are a work in progress.
I’d love to hear one thing that makes you proud of yourself in the comments below.
Jenni Jen x
My TIPS for embracing YOU:
1) Know, from one soul to another, that you are enough. You are ok. You are exactly where you need to be & if you keep striving to become a better version of yourself, you will be just fine.
2) Schedule some time for you. Even if it’s 5 minutes to enjoy a quick cuppa. When we treat ourselves with things that feed our soul, we are happier. And when we are happier, we can give more. When we give more, we are happier. You get it?
3) Learn something new whenever you can. Which is all the time. See things from a different perspective. The more you can advance & challenge yourself, the better equiped you will be for life every day.
4) Dress to make yourself feel good! Whatever that means to you. For me, my blue jeans and a top is heaven, or a pretty dress makes me feel so lovely! This really does have an impact on the way you feel & act.
5) Speak up for the things you believe in. The people I admire the most are those in this category. And this can be challenging – so start with little things. If you’re offered something, like an extra piece of cheesecake by your friends mum, and you’re totally full and may vom if you have one more thing, don’t say yes just to be nice. Kindly say thank you, but no thank you. Start small and work up to the bigger things!
If it feels good, you should probably give it a go. Try not to worry what anyone else will think – I have been to some wacky ‘meet up’ type groups in my time & always come away learning something or mastering a new skill.